(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
James P. "Jim" Gray
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Judge
- Judge James P. Gray is a Judge of the Superior Court in Orange County
- Judge Gray served as a federal prosecutor in Los Angeles as an Assistant U.S. Attorney
- He also served as a criminal defense attorney as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps (National Defense, Vietnam Service and Combat Action Ribbons)
- Judge Gray served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Palmar Norte, Costa Rica, working in physical education, recreation and health.
- Judge James P. Gray received his undergraduate degree at U.C.L.A. in 1966 and his law degree at U.S.C. in 1971
- Judge of the Year Award from the Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association and from the O.C. Constitutional Rights Foundation
Gail K. Lightfoot
- Reduce federal government size, spending, bureaucracy and intrusion into our private lives, while maintaining a strong military force.
- Repeal the failed and hopeless War on Drugs by restricting the role of the federal government to assisting each state to enforce its chosen laws.
- Return our educational and healthcare systems to the control of more local governments.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired Nurse
- Diploma in Nursing
- Public Health Nurse Certificate
- ICU-CCU,ER, MICU, IV Certified
- Early Childhood Education academics
- Educational Freedom
- Ecomonic Freedom
- Environmental Freedom
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Easy Voter Guide
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US Senate candidates. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from previous elections: