(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: U.S. Representative
- Registered Nurse
- Master's degrees in Education and Religion
Thomas "Tom" Watson
- Getting the economy back on track through targeted job creation measures, such as tax cuts for small businesses
- Continue rolling our health care reform, such as closing the "donut hole", increasing the residency slots for new doctors
- Finish comprehensive energy legislation
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Hi-Tech Entrepreneur
- Retired Naval Officer, Flew F-14's
- US Naval Academy
- MS Systems Management, Univ. of So. California
- MS Aeronautical Engineering, Naval Postgraduate School
- TOPGUN Graduate, Test Pilot School Graduate
- Helped start two venture backed companies
John Victor Hager
- Federal spending must be brought under control and reduced
- Pro-growth tax and fiscal policies must be enacted to encourage growth
- Federal regulations that restrict our freedoms and choices must be eased
- Party: Independent
- Occupation: Attorney/Business Owner
- 1967 West Covina High School Graduate
- 1971 Bachelor's degree, University of Southern California
- 1974, Juris Doctor degree, Gould School of Law, University of Southern California
- California attorney since 1974, in Santa Barbara since 1994
Darrell M. Stafford
- Repair our economy and improve support for middle class citizens and small business
- Work to reduce our $13 trillion federal debt
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired Finance Director
- Director of Finance
- Director of Corporate Audit
- Chief Financial Office
- Certified Management Accountant
- California Real Estate Broker
- Go down in history as the "Father of Honest Government"
- Reform our dysfunctional Federal System
- Bring Accountability, Transparency & Representation to government
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Economy, Federal Budget, Energy, Health Care, and Campaign Financing.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the line(s) for US House 23. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- Key Votes in Congress
- Enter your zip and see how your Congressional Representative voted on many key issues
- See the candidates, issues, and results from previous elections:
3/2/04, 11/5/02, 11/7/00, 3/7/00,
- All links open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.