(Vote for 2)
Volunteers are currently contacting candidates to invite their FREE participation in Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Council Member, 2006 to present
- Vice Mayor, 2009 to present
- Planning Commissioner, 2005 to 2006
- Board Member, Economic Vitality Corporation
- Citizens Advisory Committee, California Mens Colony
- Past Board Member, Workforce Housing Coalition
- Past Board Member, Residents for Quality Neighborhoods
Kathy M Smith
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Economic Growth
- Neighborhood Quality/Affordable Housing
- Occupation: Retired Business Executive
- Restored, owned Garden Street Inn for 15 years
- SLO City Council Member, 1994-1998, creating the positions of Economic Development and Natural Resource Managers as well as Art in Public Places.
- Non-profit leadership in SLO County in Literacy Council, Newman Catholic Center, Agricultural Leadership Program and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Pioneer in upper management of hospitals in fields of Marketing, Program Development and Public Relations in Indiana, Ohio & CA.
- Worked way through college while employed full-time as staff writer at newspapers - The Charleston Gazette & Beckley Post-Herald in West Virginia.
- Bachelors Degree - University of Charleston/ Masters work in Public Administration/Relations - Mother of two children, now 2 grandchildren!
- Strengthen San Luis Obispo Economy - Vital Business Community, Head-of-Household Jobs, Smart Growth.
- Protect SLO Quality of Life - Neighborhood Preservation, Distinctive Downtown, Open Space, Fire & Police Resources, Traffic Mgt. & Public Transit
- Maintain City's Fiscal Integrity - Continue 20% reserve, Build public/private partnerships, maintain experienced/skilled workforce.
- Occupation: Finance Director - (Nonprofit) History Center of SLO County
- BS Business Management - Cal Poly State University/San Luis Obispo
- City Advisory Body - Current Cultural Heritage Committee - Former Planning Commission
- Retired - Cal Poly Bookstore/Department Manager
- Former Owner/Manager Hills Stationery Store - Downtown SLO
- Former Board Member - Friends of Prado Day Center ; Current Volunteer - People's Kitchen/CAPSLO
- Former Board Member - SLO County Historical Society
Andrea M. Miller
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Quality Residential Neighborhoods
- Transit Use and Parking Alternatives
- Occupation: Restaurateur/College Lecturer
- City Planning Commissioner
- County Planning GIS Specialist
- Masters in City and Regional Planning
- BS in Forestry and Natural Resources
- Responsible City Budget Management
- Economic Growth of our local Business Environment
- Community Safety
- Occupation: Retired Barber
- Father of six grown children.
- Not a career politician.
- Reduce government burdon on tax payer.
- Restore Laguna Lake.
- Help small business.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of San Luis Obispo
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.