This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
|Full Biography for Rosalind "Roz" Freeman|
Rosalind was born in Indiana; moving, with her family, to Palm Springs, California where she graduated with honors from Palm Springs High School, Class of 1966. After her marriage in `68 she moved to Guam where she attended the University of Guam and worked as a window dresser for Thai silk boutique as well as layout artist for Guerrero Advertising.
Rosalind returned to the US in 1972 , settling on and cultivating an organic farm in rural West Virginia. ('72-'82). As President of Erbacon Woman's club she developed programs to strengthen community identity starting with Friday night square dances and Saturday afternoon family movies. She also volunteered with Head Start in the classroom and as excursion chaperone. Serving on the Cowen Public Library Board of Directors she helped set up the Reading is Fundamental program. Rosalind, was one of the founding families to advocate an open concept pre-school, which her children attended. She was a founding member of the Webster County Food Co-op. She was secretary to the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee of the West Virginia Legislature. She also was the Owner/Instructor of Goody Two Shoes Dance Studio. She worked as a water quality monitor, environmental recorder for a local coal reclamation company for two years.
Upon returning to Palm Springs California in 1982, she earned a Paralegal Certificate from Chapman University in '85. Rosalind then moved to Huntington Beach in '86 taking a position in the legal department at Edgington Oil Company, Long Beach where she worked from `88 to `91 after which she worked for Beyler Consulting Group from `91 to `95. Rosalind recently began a small business, Yardens, which assists people in transforming their yards into productive vegetable gardens.
Rosalind is the mother of two grown children, new grandmother of one
· Campaign volunteer for: Dean for America in New Mexico
· Jim Brandt for Congress ('04 and'06)
· Volunteer co-coordinator for OCDP booth at OC Fairgrounds Marketplace Elected to Democratic Party of Orange County (DPOC) Central Committee '06 and '08
Recognized by CDP as Region 18, 'Volunteer of the Year' in 2006.
· Elected 67th AD delegate to California Democratic Party Central Committee (CDPCC), '07 and '09
· Elected to CDPCC Executive Board '07 and '09, serving on the Legislative Committee.
· Elected Vice Chair, West Orange County, DPOC Central Committee '09.
· Member of Board of Directors for Childspace Foundation '07 to present.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
June 2010 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter