(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Director, Santa Clara Valley Water District #1
- Masters Degree in Urban & Regional Planning
- Environmental Advisory Committee Board Liaison
- Uvas/Llagas Watershed Advisory Committee Board Liaison
- Small Business Owner for 12 years
- Community Activist for over 23 years
Ram (Singh) Singh
- Balancing the community needs for reliable, high quality water supply and flood management while providing stewardship of our environment
- Bridging the gap between the community and the activites of the Water District through greater education/awareness
- Creating greater efficiencies through implementation of the Comprehensive Management Audit
- Occupation: Water Resource Specialist
- Doctorate from Stanford and Professor of Water Resources at San Jose State Univ.
- Consultant, researcher, and teacher of Water Resources for over 40 years.
- Served on flood advisory board & City and State Commissions
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of water resource projects including planning, engineering, environmental, and economic considerations.
- Belong to many engineering societies and have been recognized for my services.
- Served as elected president of State-wide California Society of Professional Engineers and have been leader of other organizations.
- Lower water bills and pump tax ; Stop waste of tax money
- Protect water quality; Complete needed flood control projects
- Prevent ecological damage to rivers and sensitive watersheds
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Finances, and Collaboration.
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- District boundaries
News and Analysis
- Oct. 3: Candidates Forum, Council Chambers, 110 E. Main St., Los Gatos 6:00-Los Gatos City Council Candidates 7:40-21st Assembly District Candidates 8:15-Santa Clara Valley Water District Runoff Candidates
- San Jose Mercury News
- Almaden Resident
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.