(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: College Professor/Attorney
- Member, State Assembly, District 18 (1998-2004)
- Chair, Committee on Revenue and Taxation; Chair, Committee on Judiciary; Chair, Committee on Biotechnology and Earthquake Safety and Preparedness
- Mayor, San Leandro (1995-1998)
- Member, San Leandro City Council (1991-1995)
- Member, San Leandro Chamber of Commerce
- BA, University of California, Davis; JD, McGeorge School of Law
- Fully fund K-12 education and ensure equitable access to higher education
- Affordable, universal healthcare for all
- Environmental protection, enforcement of clean air and water laws, halting urban sprawl
- Occupation: California State Assemblymember
- Chair, Assembly Revenue and Taxation Committee
- Chair/Member, Board of Equalization (1994-2002)
- Member, State Assembly (1982-1994)
- Member, San Leandro City Council (1978-1982)
- Former Professor, University of California, Berkeley
- B.A. and M.A., California State University, Hayward
John A. Dutra
- Fully funding public education
- Health care, affordable housing and good jobs for California families
- Safe and secure pensions and retirement
- Occupation: President, Family Business
- Member, State Assembly, District 20 (1998 - 2004)
- Fremont City Councilmember (1986 - 1996)
- Fremont Planning Commissioner (1981 - 1984)
- Founder, Dutra Realty Inc.
- Hospital Corpsman, U.S. Navy
- Master of Business Administration, San Jose State
- Balance the Budget
- Improve Public Schools and Universities
- Invest in Transportation/Mass Transit
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
Campaign Finance Data
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
Secretary of State
Around the Capitol
Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.