(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Director, Santa Clara Valley Water District #1
- Masters Degree in Urban & Regional Planning
- Environmental Advisory Committee Board Liaison
- Uvas/Llagas Watershed Advisory Committee Board Liaison
- Small Business Owner for 12 years
- Community Activist for over 23 years
Ram (Singh) Singh
- Balancing the community needs for reliable, high quality water supply and flood management while providing stewardship of our environment
- Bridging the gap between the community and the activites of the Water District through greater education/awareness
- Creating greater efficiencies through implementation of the Comprehensive Management Audit
- Occupation: Water Resource Specialist
- Doctorate from Stanford and Professor of Water Resources at San Jose State Univ.
- Consultant, researcher, and teacher of Water Resources for over 40 years.
- Served on flood advisory board of the District and City and State commissions.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of water resource projects including planning, engineering, environmental, and economic considerations.
- Belong to many engineering societies and have been recognized for my services.
- Have practical experience in the field on solving water-related problems.
B. Terry Mahurin
- Control the bulging manpower of the District and enhance efficiency.
- Provide a second review of staff proposals by a Water Resource specialist on the Board.
- Take advantage of all federal and state contributions to reduce the cost to the District.
- Occupation: Retired Engineer
- Graduated from the University of Kentucky with a BSME and MSME.
- Employment included North American Aviation, IBM (retired), Lucero Electonics, Solectron, Pacific Broadband (a start up) and Juniper Networks
- Engineering Manager in three companies. I received the Presidents Award in IBM and received two U. S. patents.
- Member of the San Martin Perchlorate Community Advisory Group.
- Resident of Santa Clara county 40 years, 30 of which have been spent in Morgan Hill
- Married with two grown children.
- The Board of Directors should have a standing Financial and Audit sub-committee wholly independent of the District it oversees.
- Approval for Bonded indebtedness on capital projects should be returned to the voters.
- As it has always been, the Board must insure the valley water suppply as growth continues and that flood control is achieved.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Finances, and Collaboration.
News and Analysis
- May17: Candidates Forum, Campbell Library Community Room, 77 Harrison Ave. at Civic Center Dr.
5:00-Supervisor, District 4 Candidates
6:00-Santa Clara Valley Water District Candidates
7:00-Open Space Authority Candidates
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters
- San Jose Mercury News Election Coverage
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.