(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Sam T. Liccardo
- Occupation: Prosecutor, Child Advocate
- Deputy District Attorney, Sexual Assault & Child Exploitation Units
- Board Member and volunteer tutor, EHC Lifebuilders (formerly Emergency Housing Consortium)
- Board member, Giovanni Center & Jeanne D'Arc Manor senior affordable housing developments
- J.D., Harvard Law School; M.P.P. (Public Policy) Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- B.A., Government (Economics minor), Georgetown University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Bellarmine graduate, and Fourth-Generation downtown San Jose resident
Manny J. Diaz
- Creation of a "Walkable" Downtown and Surrounding Neighborhoods
- Attacking the Structural Deficit in the General Fund With Sound Planning and Budget Priorities that Reflect a Long-Term View
- Empowering Neighborhoods and Restoring City Services, including Police, Fire, Parks, Community Centers, and Libraries
- Occupation: Engineer/Small Businessperson
- California State Assemblymember 2000-2004
- San Jose City Councilmember 1994-2000
- San Jose Planning Commissioner 1986-1993
- Co-Founder of a non-profit, SHPE, dedicated towards the advancement of young people pursuing science and engineering careers
- Engineer, 17 years
- First in family to graduate college (San Francisco State, BS. Engineering)
- Improve neighborhood services, health and safety
- Increasing access to affordable healthcare for downtown residents
- Improving Schools/Youth Activities/Small Business
- Occupation: Nonprofit Pres/CEO
- Occupation: Emergency Services Specialist
- Occupation: Political Scientist, TV Producer, Fitness Advocate
- BA, Political Science, CA State University, Long Beach, 1974
- 1974-1984, Product Development Manager, Centaur Mfg, Inc. Milpitas, CA
- 1985-Present, Owner/Developer of FitCity Health Club
- 1996-Present, Owner/Producer, NeighborNet New Media Productions, San Jose, CA
Dennis Joseph Kyne, Jr
- Represent the citizens of District 3, not the special interests
- Promote health and wellness for the residence of District 3 and everyone who works at city hall
- Fight corruption, beginning with campaign finance reform
- Occupation: Journalist
- B.A.. Political Science, cum laude San Jose State University
- United States Army 1987-2003
- Disabled Combat Veteran
- Volunteer for San Jose's Dare to Dream Program
- National Speaker on the health effects of depleted uranium use
- Volunteer for Eddie Gale's Music in Our Schools
- Staff and fund public services such as the fire department to keep up with the rapid growth.
- Promote civic responsibility and peace to our youth in the communities.
- Control the environmental damages brought on by the overwhelming speed of development.
- Occupation: student SJSU
- I'm here for the general public, not just certain sectors or age groups
- I'm a 2nd generation lifelong Reader's Digest reader
- We need more buses running longer hours
Andrew Abraham Diaz
- repair/replace burned out street lights and traffic signals
- take in commercial advertising to raise funds for programs and amenities
- Put a mailbox outside City hall so we won't have to wait 3 days before we're near a mailbox to mail letters
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of San Jose/Santa Clara in partnership with the San Jose Mercury News has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Growth, Mayor vs. Manager, Public Safety, and City Finances.
News and Analysis
- San Jose Mercury News Election Coverage
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.