(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
William J. Monahan
- Occupation: Attorney in Santa Clara County
- Trial Attorney, Arbitrator, Mediator at Burriss & Monahan, P.C.
- 22 years extensive legal experience
- Regularly requested as Judge Pro Tem for 10 years by the Santa Clara County Superior Court
- J.D., University of Santa Clara School of Law
- B.A., U.C. Santa Barbara, economics and political science
- Supports Challenge Team, Girl Scouts, Little League, and PTA.
Douglas B. Allen
- Keeping our community safe.
- Suports rehabilitation and treatment programs for nonviolent drug offenders and minor offenders.
- Supports programs to keep youth from drugs and gangs.
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Experienced trial attorney, with service as an arbitrator, pro tem judge and mediator
- 25 years of trial practice, with over 100 trials, both plaintiff and defense
- Complex civil and criminal trials, in civil, property and consumer rights, and environmental protection
- Nine cases are published appellate decisions on environmental protection, employment rights and real estate
- Founding Member of West Valley/Mission Advancement Foundation and other volunteer community involvement
- Teacher, coach graduate of San Jose State and Santa Clara Law
George S. Cole
- Restore confidence in our judiciary through integrity, courage and experience
- Occupation: Patent Attorney
- Judge Pro Tem, Santa Clara County, 2000 -->
- Stanford, MS, Computer Science 1987
- University of Michigan, JD, 1981 (Cum Laude)
- Stanford, BA, International Relations, 1978 (Honors & Distinction)
- American Arbitration Association panelist 1989-1995
- President, Palo Alto Area Bar Association 2001-2002
- Bringing a dual background in law and science to the Santa Clara bench
- Protecting people's rights and ideas
- Keeping the courts accessible and fair to all, equally
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Sentences, Experience, and Bias.
- CA State Bar Association Information
- Candidates Forum - Monday, May 15, 7:00pm
Cupertino Community Hall, Torre Ave. between Library & City Hall
Sponsored by Cupertino/Sunnyvale League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.