(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember 2000-2004
- Councilmember City of San Diego 1993-2000
- California Coastal Commissioner 1997-2000
- environmental protection
- safe & clean neighborhoods
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Judge/Businessman
- San Diego City Council, 1977-1980
- Caliofrnia State Assembly, 1980-1988
- California State Senate, 1988-1989
- California Municipal/Superior Court, 1989-2003
- A Quality Education for Our Children - Give San Diego County school districts a greater say in running our schools and reduce bureaucratic control.
- Limit Spending - Ensure the legislature never spends California into debt again.
- Performance Reviews of Government - Support Governor Schwarzenegger's plan to make government more accountable to the people.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Businessman
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Senate session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 39. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.