- Proposition 1A
Protection of Local Government Revenues
83.6% Yes votes ......
16.4% No votes
- Should local property tax and sales tax revenues remain with local government
thereby safeguarding funding for public safety, health, libraries, parks, and other
local services? Provisions can only be suspended if the Governor declares a fiscal
necessity and two-thirds of the Legislature concur.
- Proposition 59
Public Records, Open Meetings
83.3% Yes votes ......
16.7% No votes
- Shall the Constitution be amended to include public's right of access to meetings
of government bodies and writings of government officials while
preserving specified constitutional rights and retaining existing exclusions
for certain meetings and records?
- Proposition 60
Election Rights of Political Parties
67.5% Yes votes ......
32.5% No votes
- Shall the general election ballot be required to include candidate receiving
most votes among candidates of same party for partisan office
in primary election?
- Proposition 60A
73.2% Yes votes ......
26.8% No votes
- Shall the sale proceeds of most surplus state property pay off specified
- Proposition 61
Children's Hospital Projects. Grant Program
58.3% Yes votes ......
41.7% No votes
- Shall $750 million general obligation bonds be authorized for grants to
eligible children's hospitals for construction, expansion,
remodeling, renovation, furnishing and equipping children's
- Proposition 62
46.2% Yes votes ......
53.8% No votes
- Should primary elections be structured so that voters may vote for any state
or federal candidate regardless of party registration of voter or
candidate? The two primary-election candidates receiving most
votes for an office, whether they are candidates with "no party"
or members of same or different party, would be listed on general
election ballot. Exempts presidential nominations.
- Proposition 63
Mental Health Services Expansion, Funding. Tax on Personal Incomes above $1 Million
53.7% Yes votes ......
46.3% No votes
- Should a 1% tax on taxable personal income above $1 million
to fund expanded health services for mentally ill children,
adults, seniors be established?
- Proposition 64
Limit on Private Enforcement of Unfair Business Competition Laws
58.9% Yes votes ......
41.1% No votes
- Should individual or class action "unfair business" lawsuits be allowed only
if actual loss suffered? Only government officials may enforce
these laws on public's behalf.
- Proposition 65
Local Government Funds, Revenues. State Mandates
37.6% Yes votes ......
62.4% No votes
- Should reduction of local fee/tax revenues require voter approval? Permits
suspension of state mandate if no state reimbursement to local government within
180 days after obligation determined.
- Proposition 66
Limitations on "Three Strikes" Law. Sex Crimes. Punishment
47.3% Yes votes ......
52.7% No votes
- Should the "Three Strikes" law be limited to violent and/or serious felonies?
Permits limited re-sentencing under new definitions. Increases
punishment for specified sex crimes against children.
- Proposition 67
Emergency Medical Services. Funding. Telephone Surcharge
28.4% Yes votes ......
71.6% No votes
- Should the telephone surcharge be increased and other funds for
emergency room physicians, hospital emergency rooms, community
clinics, emergency personnel training/equipment, and
911 telephone system be allocated?
- Proposition 68
Non-Tribal Commercial Gambling Expansion. Tribal Gaming Compact Amendments. Revenues, Tax Exemptions
16.2% Yes votes ......
83.8% No votes
- Should tribal compact amendments be authorized? Unless tribes accept, should
casino gaming be authorized for sixteen non-tribal establishments?
Percentage of gaming revenues fund government services.
- Proposition 69
DNA Samples. Collection. Database. Funding
62.0% Yes votes ......
38.0% No votes
- Should collection of DNA samples from all felons, and from
others arrested for or charged with specified crimes be required with submission
to state DNA database? Provides for funding.
- Proposition 70
Tribal Gaming Compacts. Exclusive Gaming Rights. Contributions to State
23.7% Yes votes ......
76.3% No votes
- Upon tribe's request, should the Governor be required to execute a 99-year compact?
Tribes contribute percentage of net gaming income to state
funds, in exchange for expanded, exclusive tribal casino gaming.
- Proposition 71
Stem Cell Research. Funding. Bonds
59.1% Yes votes ......
40.9% No votes
- Should the "California Institute for Regenerative
Medicine" be established to regulate and fund stem cell research with the constitutional
right to conduct such research and with an oversight committee?
Prohibits funding of human reproductive cloning research.
- Proposition 72
Health Care Coverage Requirements
49.1% Yes votes ......
50.9% No votes
health care coverage for employees, as specified, working
for large and medium employers be approved?