(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jeffrey A. Kellogg
Darwin R. Thorpe
- Occupation: Incumbent, Member, LBCC Board; Author/ Education Consultant
- BA Degree, with triple major in Biological Science, Chemistry, and Physics, Fresno State University; MS Degree in Entomology, Ohio State University.
- Certificates in Education and Radiation Biology, Fresno State U. and Cornell U.
- College Professor of Biology, 38 years; former President of the Faculty Assoc. of the Calif. Community Colleges
- Former Chair of the LBCC Personnnel Commission; former member of the State Board of Directors of the Calif. State Personnel Commissioners Assoc.;
- Author of books and articles in science, ethics, college curriculum and budgeting; service on numerous State-wide and local education committees.
- Lifetime Membership in Calif. PTA; Scholarships to three Universities, Outstanding Professor and Golden Apple Award from students and colleagues
- Curb runaway inflation of costs of education and training at Long Beach City College
- Replace student satisfaction surveys with genuine accountability for academic standards and practices
- Guarantee that student and community instructional needs drive planning for expenditures of recently authorized bond monies
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Long Beach City College
- City of Long Beach Election Info