(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
Gregory P. Allen
- Occupation: attorney
- BA Stanford University
- MA Stanford University
- JD University of Illinois
- Chairman Palo Alto Ballet 1985-87
- Member State Bar of California
- Member State Bar of Illinois
David R. Narum
- Improve students performance on standardized tests
- emphasize critical thinking (more essay questions, more writing)
- Formulate less intrusive and demeaning policies regarding computer and internet use by faculty and staff
- Occupation: Full-time Dad
- Part-time: environmental consultant; adjunct professor (HSU)
- Community Service: Bloomfield School volunteer; youth soccer coach; member, Arcata City Energy Committee
- Formerly: professor at Emory University and James Madison University
- Formerly: policy analyst; magazine editor
Mary Pincini Wells
- To work with other Board members and the Superintendent to ensure that the District continues to offer our children a high-quality K-8 education.
- To work with children, parents and guardians, district personnel and community members to identify district needs and ways to meet those needs.
- To instill in our children a love of learning and the value in being honest, responsible, respectful, fair and compassionate people.
- Occupation: Administrator, Humboldt State University
- School board trustee 1997 - present
- Child in Arcata School District K-8
- 18 year resident/home owner in Arcata
- MHA - Univ. Washington
- BS - UC Berkeley
- Promote strong academic performance and teaching excellence
- Explore new educational ideas and trends
- Maintain structured, safe, and supportive atmosphere
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|