(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Frank R. Mecham
- Occupation: Electrical Contractor
- Current Council Member
- Past Planning Commissioner
- Past Parks & Recreation Board Member
- Co-founder North County Leadership Network
- Established city's first Youth Commission
- Veteran U. S. Navy
- Upgrade the level of Emergency Services
- Protect & Preserve North County Water Resources
- Promote inter-active citizen involement / increase technological abilities
- Occupation: Retired Air Force
- Former Paso Robles Councilman
- Former Paso Robles Mayor Pro Tem
- Member, ad hoc committee for North County Water, Waste Management, Streets and Utilities
- County Air Quality Board, former Chairman
- League of Cities, Tri-Counties, Past President
- An experienced leader with integrity and character
Walter J. Macklin
- Fight encroachment by special interest groups, the county and the state
- Protect our water and natural resources
- Use a common sense approach to problems: remember it's taxpayers' money we spend.
- Occupation: Businessman
- 38 year Paso Robles Resident
- Graduated from Cal Poly in 1958, Korean War Veteran
- Married to Claire in 1955 and together raised our 8 children
- Managed Safeway Store in Paso Robles 11 years; successful self-employed businessman for past 27 years
- Served 9 years on Paso Robles Planning Commission 1975-1983; Elected to Paso Robles City Council June 1992
- Served 10 years Babe Ruth Baseball; Served as board member of Bearcat Boosters
- Special attention given to the youth and those in poverty for meaningful employment and decent housing
- Keep Paso Robles a safe city that will attract manufacturers and other businesses, with the citizens' help and input of ideas and complaints
- My promise is to continue working hard for the citizens and to keep Paso Robles the best little city in our state
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- League's Candidates' Forum
- Thursday October 19, 7:00 pm
Paso Robles City Council Room
1000 Spring, Paso Robles