Shall Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority enact a ½ cent sales tax for 30 years beginning 4/1/06 when current tax expires, with annual audits published in local newspapers and an independent citizens watchdog committee?
- Connect BART to Milpitas, San Jose, Santa Clara;
- Build rail connection from San Jose Airport to BART, Caltrain, light rail;
- Purchase vehicles for disabled access, senior safety, clean air buses;
- Provide light rail throughout Santa Clara County;
- Expand, electrify Caltrain;
- Increase rail, bus service;
Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County
LWV Palo Alto Debate on Measure A
News and Analysis
- Sat., Oct. 28, 10:30am-12noon. Palo Alto City Council Chambers, 250 Hamilton Avenue. SPeakers: Carl Guardino, Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group, and Margaret Okuzumi, Peninsula Rail 2000.
San Jose Metro
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Yes on Measure A Campaign
- No on Measure A Campaign
- A Startling Vision for Downtown San Jose
- Front-page article in the San Jose Mercury News