(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John W. Severinghaus, M.D.
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Retired Professor of Anesthesiology and Medical Researcher at UCSF for 42 years. Inventor of blood gas analysis appratus used world wide.
- Internationally acclaimed lecturer in physiology
- Restore public district board control and professional management at MGH
- Obtain trauma and stroke centers at MGH
- Restore highest quality of patient care at MGH
- Occupation: Attorney/Manager
- J.D.(Juris Doctor) , Harvard Law School, cum laude
- M.P.P. (Master in Public Policy), John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- B.A.,Haverford College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Former Partner: O'Melveny & Myers and Heller Ehrman White & McAuliffe
- Spouse: Linda M. Gaudiani, M.D., Marin Endocrine Associates
- Father of four children; youth basketball coach
- I want to reform the Healthcare District Board and make healthcare, not litigation and lawyers' fees, the top priority.
- I will work to protect Marin from the many problems created by managed care. I will support the Marin Community Clinic.
- I will demand an audit of all payments by Marin General to Sutter Health. I will hold MGH to its obligation to retrofit the hospital for earthquakes.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|