Click on ballot measure for more detail.
- Measure N.
School Bond Measure
-- Peninsula Union School District
57.33% Yes votes
42.67% No votes
- To repair, modernize and construct school facilities
and remove safety hazards, shall the Peninsula Union Elementary School
District incur bonded indebtedness of $1,080,000 at interest rates within
legal limits, for purposes including:
- Modernizing schools for computer technology including a new
- Removing asbestos, repairing roofs and improving earthquake safety;
- Improving playgrounds;
- Upgrading security, fire, and safety systems including outdoor lighting
- Building a meeting room for community school use.
- Measure P.
Utility Users' Tax
-- City of Arcata
(Utility Users Tax)
57.51% Yes votes
42.49% No votes
- Shall the City of Arcata adopt a utility users tax
(Resolution No. 990-64) which shall impose a three percent (3%) general tax
on the use of certain utility services which shall go into effect December
1, 2000, at which time the City's current three percent (3%) utility users
tax will expire?
- Measure Q.
Bond Measure to Repair and Upgrade School Facilities
-- Fieldbrook School
74.87% Yes votes
25.13% No votes
- To repair and upgrade classrooms in the Fieldbrook
School District, make the District eligible for State matching funds,
replace flooring and windows, update electrical service and lighting;
modernize the kitchen, upgrade the septic system, develop a permanent stage
area in the music room and build and/or remodel facilities including
bathrooms for the kindergarten classrooms, but in no event to pay school
salaries, shall the District issue $450,000 of binds at interest rates below
the legal limit?
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.