- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: World Wide Knowledge Engineering Manager
- Ph.D. and M.A., Stanford University
- B.A. with Distinction, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Boston University
- At the state level served as President of the Peninsula Division of the League of California Cities.
- Served on State Controller Gray Davis's Santa Clara County Child Support Advisory Task Force.
- At the national level served as Vice-Chair, then Chair of the Community and Economic Development Committee of the National League of Cities.
- Honors:Phi Beta Kappa, Ford Foundation Fellowship Award for African-Americans, Child Development Fellow, Office of Child Development, DHEW, Region IX