(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization
- Working to ensure fair tax policy at the Board of Equalization
- Author of Jessica's Law - One of America's Toughest and Most Comprehensive Sex Offender Control Laws - Approved as Prop 83 by More Than 70% of Voters
- Author of Amber Alert - Produced More Than 200 Successful Reunions of Parents with Their Missing Children
- Author of Military Tuition Law - Provides Permanent Exemption from Non-Resident Tuition at All CA Public Universities for Active Military Personnel
- Founder and Chairman of the Board of Desert Christian Schools 1978-Present; Assemblyman 1996-2002; Senator 2004-2010; BOE Member 2011-Present
- Married to Sharon for 41 Years; Father of Son Micah, Daughter-in-Law Sandy, Daughter Rebekah, Son-In-Law James; Grandfather of Four
- Ensure taxpayers are treated fairly by the Board of Equalization.
- Ensure tax policy is clear, easy to understand and easy to comply with
- Protect businesses from unneccesary burdens and from the underground economy.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Tax Professional/Educator
- Tax Attorney at Franchise Tax Board
- Teacher at Art Institute of California, Sacramento
- J.D. and LL.M in Taxation from University of San Diego School of Law
- Enhance Technology Infrastructure to improve efficiency and reduce the Tax Gap
- Hold tax cheats accountable
- Work collaboratively with other state agenices to make it easier to be a small business in California
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
State Board of Equalization
Candidate Forums, Debates or Interviews
Links to all candidate campaign websites for this race:
Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.