(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
David A. Thompson
75.3% Yes votes ......
24.7% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal.
- Unanimously ranked "exceptionally well qualified" for appointment by the State Bar Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation.
- Superior Court Judge for 15 years - hundreds of criminal and civil trials.
- Attorney for 15 years - Morrison & Foerster and Rutan & Tucker.
- Law degree from UCLA and finance degree from Georgetown University.
Richard M. Aronson
- Follow the law.
- Apply the law to the facts.
- Reach the right decision.
72.9% Yes votes ......
27.1% No votes
Kathleen E. O'Leary
69.9% Yes votes ......
30.1% No votes
William F. Rylaarsdam
- My top priority is to decide cases fairly and consistent with the law.
- I work to decide cases in a timely fashion.
- As Presiding Justice, I am always focused on assuring the court's work is done in the most cost effective manner possible.
70.0% Yes votes ......
30.0% No votes
Richard D. Fybel
63.7% Yes votes ......
36.3% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal
- Associate Justice, February 2002 to present
- Orange County Superior Court Judge, April 2000-February 2002
- UCLA School of Law (1971); UCLA (1968)
- Since 2004, Chair of California Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Code of Judicial Ethics
- 2014 West Award given by Orange County Bar Association for contributions to law and justice
- Attorney for almost 30 years, most recently with Morrison & Foerster for 19 years
- Serve the public with impartiality, fairness and integrity.
- Write excellent opinions resolving disputes under law with justice and respect
- Help educate the public, judges and lawyers on ethics rules for judges
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
California Courts of Appeal
Informed Voter Project
- This California Election
- Find more information about the justices and the issues: objective information on evaluation of judicial candidates to allow voters to make informed choices in selecting members of the third branch of government.
- Profiles of Justices
- Like Wikipedia, anyone may edit information on this monitored site. See who appointed each justice and other information about each.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.