(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Maureen "Mo" Muir
- Occupation: School Boardmember/Businesswoman
- Bachelors Degree - University of San Diego
- Masters of Governance - CA School Board Assn.
- UCSD Lifesharing Board Member
- First Five (Development of Children) Board Member
- Past Educator of the Year Recipient
- LEADERSHIP - to a create positive school culture and learning environment
- ACCOUNTABILITY - to our kids, parents and taxpayers
- STUDENT PERFORMANCE -enhanced by achieving educational excellence
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, San Dieguito Union High School District
- Occupation: Trustee SDUHSD/Businesswoman
- Vice President of SDUHSD Board of Trustees
- North Coastal Legislative Action Network Representative
- Completed California School Board Association's Masters in Governance Program
- Parent of Two Students that attended and graduated from Del Mar and SDUHSD schools/CDM, CVMS, TPHS and CCA
- B.S. in Organizational Communication, University of Central Missouri
- Co-Owner of Herman Design and Construction
Barbara Switzer Groth
- Continue to keep learning and achievement for ALL students as my top priority.
- Make sure that students are both college and career ready, and have enrichment opportunities to encourage engagement at their schools.
- Ensure accountability and fiscal oversight of state and tax payer provided funding.
- Occupation: Trustee SDUHSD/Businesswoman
- San Dieguito High School, Class of 1970
- A.A. Degree, Radiological Technology, Loma Linda University
- B.A., Anthropology, UCLA
- former president, San Diego County School Boards Association (SDCSBA)
- CIF representative for SDCSBA
- Achievement Gap Task Force representative for SDCSBA
- Use every education dollar efficiently and effectively, keeping the students as the #1 priority
- Develop additional curriculum programs for academically rigorous career oriented courses to prepare students for college and/or career
- Use construction dollars responsibly to modernize existing schools and build capacity to increase school choices for students
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- M.A. Educational Administration, San Diego State University; B.A. UCSD
- Founding Principal of La Costa Canyon High School
- Fourth Principal of Torrey Pines High School
- Dedicated to high quality public education for four decades
- Extensive practice in applying reason, wisdom, and good faith to school governance
- A grateful parent of three graduates of the San Dieguito Union High School District
Steve A McDowell
- Maintain the educational excellence and high performance of the San Dieguito Union High School District schools
- Oversee the implementation of Prop AA expenditures with assiduous attention to fiscal responsibility
- Bring enthusiasm, cordiality, and openness when interacting with all constituents
- Occupation: Businessman/Volunteer Boardmember
- M.B.A. - University of San Diego, B.S. in Finance - SDSU, Community College Instructor Credential - Accounting (Expired)
- CSBA Masters In Governance program -completed
- Board Member-Del Mar Union School District 2006-2010
- Board Member-Del Mar Traffic and Parking Advisory Committee
- Former Nation Chief - YMCA Adventure Guides, Board Member, Del Mar Little League
- Auditor-North Coastal Council PTA, Former Treasurer - Del Mar Heights PTA, Earl Warren PTSA
- Listen. Families are worried about their neighborhood schools, how bond funds are spent, impact of common core. Their voices need to be heard.
- Take Fiscal Responsibility, The board needs to ensure what is getting spent today will not penalize future students.
- Improve college and career readiness. Listen and react to what former students, colleges, business say is needed for them to succeed.
- Occupation: Parent
- Accounting Manager at a private real estate investment and management partnership
- Management Analyst at KPMG Consulting and for the City of Solana Beach
- Master's in Public Administration from Univeristy of Southern California with a focus in accounting and financial management
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences from the University of Virginia
- Co-founder and Director of the nonprofit Community Action Lithuania
- Technology and computer science education
- Green initiatives to save environmental and financial resources
- Sound contract and financial oversight as well as addressing English Language Learner needs
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.