(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: 8th Grade Public School Teacher
- President, Grossmont Union High School District
- Continue high quality modernization of all of our facilities
- Prevent special interests from stopping school improvements in their pursuit of a frivolous lawsuit
- Occupation: Trustee, Grossmont Union High School District
- Bachelor degree in Bus. Admin. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Masters degree in Education, San Diego State University
- Former Trustee San Diego County School Board 10 years
- Past School Board President of County and Grossmont School Boards 6 years
- Married 33 years, 3 sons and 4 grandsons
- Successful and respected businessman 26 years
- Keeping Grossmont on its sound financial footing, keeping prudent financial reserves and making sure taxpayer money is focused in the classroom.
- Preparing students for success in collage and/or career when they graduate by raising academic standards and providing the best educational experience
- Ensuring that the facilities are safe and modernized and that teachers are paid fair, competitive salaries so that we can attract the best teachers.
- Occupation: Teacher/Learning Technologies
- Doctor of Education in Technology and Learning from Alliant International University
- Former chairman of the El Cajon Planning Commission
- Former public school teacher of U.S. Government and World History
- College professor teaching College Skills, Principles of Teaching, Teaching Process, Graduate Research and Writing, Dissertation Statistics
- Executive Director of EBI Leadership Development
- Director de los Centros de Entrenamiento para jóvenes y líderes.
- Excellence in education incorporating TECHNOLOGY and learning styles.
- Safety of students, modernized classrooms, and American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
- Fiscal conservative who will unite the Grossmont Union High School District and only spend construction money authorized by Prop U.
Barbara J Stevens
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Occupation: Writer/Editor
- Parent of a Successful Helix Charter High School Graduate
- 25 years Corporate Experience in Writing and Public Affairs
- Former Director of Public Affairs for Washington, DC Think Tank/Lobbying Group, Council for a Competitive Economy
- Graduate, San Diego County Taxpayers Assn. Pension Certificate Program, 2012
Steve Samir Mattia
- Student Focus: Achievement and Growth
- Accountability, Fiscal Responsibilty, and Transparency: Ensure Tax Dollars are Spent Appropriately
- Increase Community Involvement and Interaction
- Occupation: Businessman/Law Student
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.