(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Emily Ortiz Wichmann
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Oceanside Unified School District
- Served 5 terms on the school board
- Experienced, Accomplished, Proven Leader
- Instrumental in hiring 3 superintendents, Ken Noonan, Larry Perondi & Duane Coleman
- Served 5 times as school board president
- Children and grandchildren graduated and attended Oceanside schools.
Robert "Camo" Gleisberg
- Insure financial stabliltiy and acountablitiy for our school district during the financial instablitiy of the state.
- Promote academic excellence by proven academic programs with increased rigor.
- Commitment for safe and healthy campuses
- Occupation: Retired Military Comptroller
- Lt. Colonel USMC (retired) 1/1/89
- Retired from Pacific Marine Credit Union 2/29/12, Community Education & Development Officer
- Graduate of the San Diego County Office of Education-School Business Manager Academy
- 2006 Graduate of Leadership North County - Cal State San Marcos
- San Diego County Taxpayers Association 2010 Taxpayer Champion of the Year Award
- Past Vice Chairman, OUSD Community Bond Oversight Committee
- Ensuring fiscal stability and continuity within our school district's multiyear budgets
- Maintaining and building upon the academic successes the district has achieved
- Ensuring strong American civics instruction continues along with Common Core implementation
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- 36 years in public education - 32 in Oceanside
- classroom and head teacher in elementary and middle school
- AVID coordinator for college preparation program targeting underserved students
- mentored beginning teachers
- evaluated school programs throughout San Diego County
Arleen L. (Ms. Henry) Hammerschmidt
- Focus on what is best for all students
- Strengthen our Safe Schools Environment
- Work to bring S.T.E.A.M. education to all students
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- 29 yr. Oceanside Resident. 35 yr. teacher, 6 gd. - university graduate school (Teacher Education).
- 17 year physical educator at Oceanside High School & District Mentor Teacher.
- Recognized as Teacher of the Year on local, state wide, and national regional levels.
- Master of Arts in Education: Teaching, Learning & Leadership, CSUSM 2006.
- Contributing writer of California Model Physical Education Content Standards.
- 21 year high school athletics coach of varsity thru freshman girls and boys teams.
Angel D. Jimenez
- Graduates prepared for life = broad options for immediate employment and/or fully equipped for success in college.
- Safe, caring, and nurturing environment for students and teachers, where students love learning and teachers can do what they love, teach.
- Everyone involved in educating each child shares a mutually respectful and positive relationship, and the vision for that child's success in life.
Garry L. Dillard
Myrna K. Valdez
- Occupation: Military Spouse/Parent
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.