(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member, Carlsbad Unified School District
- BS from Michigan State University; Enrolled at USC Rossier School of Ed, School Business Mgmt Program (exp completion in June 2015)
- Carlsbad homeowner for 11 ys; Happily married with two beautiful children in Carlsbad Schools
- League of Women Voters North County San Diego Board (LOA until 11/5); Member Carlsbad Unit
- Bkgrnd in finance and as a global business manager for Fortune 500 companies (Gap, Inc and Yahoo)
- Over a decade of proven leadership in Carlsbad Schools on PTAs, Site Council, Parent Supt Adv Cmttee, Parent Budget Task Force, CEF, Vol Grantwriter
- Spent last four years focusing on CA school finance and ed public policy to work hard locally and advocate on behalf of Carlsbad's children.
- Growing academic achievement - I plan to make sure Carlsbad schools remain top-ranked (top 3 in SD Co.) in academics through many state-led reforms
- Balancing the budget - Since joining in Sept '13: 2 positive budget certifications, balanced 2013-14 budget, saved taxpayers $1.1M by refi of Prop P
- Clean, safe schools for our children - Will maximize benefit of $35M in state-matching Prop P funds to improve schools and safety programs
- Occupation: Parent/Teacher Consultant
- BA - Speech Communications
- MA - Negotiations & Conflict Managment
- Lower Class Sizes for All Grades
- Sustainable Energy for Sustainable Budgets
- Improved Stakeholder Engagement
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Small Business Owner
- Computer Programmer
- Chief Technology Officer
- California School Boards Association Masters in Governance
- Preparing our students for success in the 21st century economy
- Right sized classes and right-sized schools
- Fiscally sustainable school district
- Occupation: Local Business Owner
- Spent the last two years advocating for fiscal responsibility and transparency reform in Carlsbad Unified
- Extensive background in I.T. and Marketing
Maria R. Rosino-Miracco
- Fiscal Responsibility: Push for a full audit on all district-owned facilities, eliminate waste and bureaucracy, and stop the tax-and-spend mentality.
- Transparency: Avoid embarrassing conflicts of interest and allow parents and taxpayers to see what happens in their district.
- Technology: Utilize pilot programs, stop the big-bond mentality. Bring CUSD into the 21st-Century.
- Occupation: Attorney/Broker/Parent
- Law Degree, Fellowship Recipient
- B.S. International Business, Minors in Economics & Italian
- Appointed to San Diego Tax Assessment Appeals Board
- Pro Bono Attorney for Housing & Urban Development
- Fortune 100 Company Executive
- US House of Representatives Congressional Recognition
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Quality Education
- Input & Involvement
- Occupation: Realtor/Businessman
- Graduated with Honors, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in Business Administration Class of 77'
- Served on 2013 Real Property Advisory Committee, Vice Chairman 2014 Real Property Advisory Committee and 2014 Calendar Committee
- Ex President and Executive Vice President Magnolia PTA
- Site Council Magnolia Elementary, Parent Superintendent Advisory Council Member
- Carlsbad Resident for over 40 years, Married with 3 beautiful children 2 attending Magnolia Elementary and 1 at Valley Middle School
- Volunteer at Carlsbad Educational Foundation, Carlsbad Boys Club and Carlsbad United Soccer Club
- Class size reduction at all levels
- Assure financial stability and accountability during these uncertain times
- Enhance upon the academic success the district has achieved
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.