(Vote for 5)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: small business owner
- Palo Alto City Council
- Palo Alto Planning & Transportation Commission (Two years as Chair)
- City Council Finance Committee
- City Council Policy & Services Committee (Chair 2011)
- Regional Housing Mandate Committee
- Santa Clara County Water Distict Committee
- Development and Traffic: Development projects are having negative impacts on our streets, neighborhoods and are also displacing retail.
- Dollars and Sense: Our values should determine how we spend out dollars rather than the other way around.
- Public Trust: As you voice, I have advocated for increased transparency, including around 27 University. Restoring trust is key to moving forward.
- Occupation: Palo Alto City Councilmember, Attorney
- J.D. Columbia Law School, B.A. Bowdoin College
- Mayor of Palo Alto 2013
- Vice Mayor, Palo Alto 2012
- Palo Alto Council Member 2010-2014
- Commissioner, Bay Conservation Development Commission
- Commissioner, Northern California Power Agency
- Controlling Growth & Development
- Reducing Traffic and Parking Congestion
- Prioritizing Palo Alto's Infrastructure & Quality of Life
- Occupation: CEO, consultant
- High tech entrepreneur with degrees in both engineering and business
- Seven years as CEO of a data analytics company. Currently a business development consultant.
- Land Use. Sensible reform of Palo Alto's land use policies to set the pace of development at a rate our infrastructure can absorb.
- Focus on the Whole City. Getting the two halves of our civic organizations--the City and the School district--to work better together.
- Openness and Trust in Government. There is serious work to be done to regain trust and have people believe in the positive impact of government.
- Occupation: Semiconductor Executive
- BS Electrical Engineering, Stanford
- MBA, UCLA
- 27 years Semiconductor Industry
- - CEO, Ciranova Inc
- - Corporate Vice President, Cadence
- 23-yr PA Resident, 2 boys PAUSD schools
- Development reform to benefit residents and the community
- Responsible fiscal management
- Push back on ABAG - Palo Alto must determine our own future
- Occupation: Independent Contractor
- 2012 People of the Year - Palo Alto Weekly
- 2011 Citizen Corps Special Recognition - Mayor Sidney Espinosa
- 2011 Certificate of Commendation - Supervisor Liz Kniss
- 2010 Achievement Award - Mayor Pat Burt
- 2010 Special Congressional Recognition - Congress Member Anna Eshoo
- 2006 Special Congressional Recognition - Congress Member Anna Eshoo
- Rebuild confidence and trust by changing City Hall culture and values.
- Bring a balanced approach to development by managing growth and tracking cumulative impacts.
- Encourage and foster resident involvement by remaining engaged within the community when on Council.
- Occupation: Mayor, City of Palo Alto
- Retired, Managerial Accountant
- BA & MA International Relations SFSU
- Council Finance, 2011-2013 Chair, 2012
- Rail Committee, 2010-2012, Chair 2013
- Infrastructure Committee member 2013
- Fiber Committee 2013
- Manage growth by updating 1998 Comprehensive Plan and land use
- Modernize Caltrain and Underground the Train
- California Avenue Plan & Protect Independant Retail
- Occupation: Lawyer
- BA Yale College
- JD Harvard Law School
- U.S. Navy submarine officer, 4 years active duty
- Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Founder, Morrison & Foerster Palo Alto office 1985
- Managing Partner, Morrison & Foerster Palo Alto office
- Keep growth within limited without closing the gates to our community
- Restore trust in City Hall and improve transparency
- Reduce traffic and fix the parking problems
- Occupation: CEO of small business / activist / writer
- Gunn High School, 1982
- Dartmouth College, 1986
- President, Earthwise Productions, 1994-current
- Founder, "Plastic Alto" blog, 2010-current
John Karl Fredrich
- Democracy advocate: one person one vote not one dollar one vote
- Fresh independent ideas moving us forward
- Occupation: retired teacher (Gunn High)
- Stanford BA, With Distinction, Political Science, 1968
- Stanford MA in Education, STEP, 1979
- California Lifetime Credential in Social Sciences
- Responsible, efficient and honest representation
- Protecting the public interest and quality of life
- Conserving the environment & creating affordable housing
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Palo Alto has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Balancing interests, Growth, and Traffic.
News and Analysis
- 9/30/14, 7-9:30 PM
Congregation Etz Chayim (former YWCA building)
4161 Alma Street
Palo Alto, CA
Sponsored by: Palo Alto Council of PTA's; Palo Alto Weekly; and The Media Center
- Palo Alto City Council Candidate Forum
- Recorded Sept 30, 2014
Palo Alto Online
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.