Runoff Election 11/4/14
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Occupation: Educator/Attorney
- Central Valley Native
- UC Davis School of Law
- Fresno EOC Board Member
- Hands On Central CA Board Member
- Fresno Barrios Unidos Board Member
- Federal, state & local policy experience
Rebeca A. Rangel
- Jobs & Economic Opportunities
- Safer & Stronger Neighborhoods
- Strengthen City Services
- Occupation: Mental Health Professional
- 2000-present, Central California Criminal Justice Committee, chaired for most
of last 11 years.
- 2007-2013, Introduced mediation program that was accepted by police chief and passed unanimously by city council, 2012.
- 2005-present, created youth/police handbook for high school students.
- Outstanding Alumni Community Service Award, 1995, Oakes College, UCSC
- Over 30 years of community advocate experience, helping people to help themselves.
- MA in Social Science, Women Studies/Mexican American Grad Studies, San Jose State University
Mark J. Castro
- Building community awareness and participation will be number one on my agenda.
- Continue to build safe Neighborhoods and Community by continuing to build and support our neighborhood parks.
- We need more jobs, i am committed to bringing more jobs to Fresno by: redirecting Federal monies into, job development.
- Occupation: Businessman/Attorney
- Born and Raised in Fresno
- Owner of a family trucking company, which has been established in Fresno County for over 50 years
- Chief Executive of Castro Law Group, PC,
- Better Jobs for a Better Fresno
- Public Safety & Neighborhood Safety
Lawrence A. Cano
- Occupation: Father/Student
- Occupation: Manager
- 01/2013-Present Powers Electric Products: Manufacture Well Sounders. Measure's water levels. We are competitive and have strong financial gains.
- 11/2008-03/2013 Retail Manager: Walgreens
- Helped Walgreens to become number 1 in the Food and Drug Industry.
- I believe I have strong leadership skills in decision-making, highly organized, confident of my skills, honest and most of all hardworking.
- 2007: Received BS in Business Administration Management from Sacramento State University.
- 2010: Volunteer of the Year at Children's Hospital Central California
- Local Economic Development: Neighborhood development to improve and to promote a better standard of living.
- Revitalize our neighborhoods: Address public safety, neglected neighborhoods, community parks and build trust with citizens.
- Bring jobs to Fresno: Make it favorable for various companies to build in Fresno. Ex. automotive, electronic or computer companies.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.