OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS as of 03/26/2013 9:43:33 PM
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Boardmember/Teacher
- Former Boardmember, Peace over Violence
- Founder, Marshall's Multilingual Teacher Career Academy
- Honoree, Angels over Los Angeles Award, Commission for Children Youth & their Families
- Honoree, Carino Award, El Centro Del Pueblo
- Honoree, Jackie Goldberg Public Service Award, LACER Foundation
- Improving quality of instruction and increasing enrollment
- Improving graduation rates
- Increasing parent and community involvement
- Occupation: Parent/Child Advocate
- Los Angeles Director, Children Now
- Former Staff Member for both Congressman Waxman and Congresswoman Harman
- Elected Community Council Member
- Westside Infant Family Network Board Member
- Parent of twin 3rd Graders
- Helped to establish a child care center at my law firm
- Increased funding for the school sites
- Middle schools that parents in my district feel comfortable sending their children too
- Meaningful evaluations of and support for teachers
- Occupation: Education Advocate
- Education Consultant-Families in Schools
- Youth Minister Grant Church
- NAACP National ACT-SO Director
- B.A. International Affairs/French-James Madison University
- M.A. French Linguistics/Sociolinguistics-Howard University and M.Div.-Fuller Seminary
- Teacher of the Year Award; Special Recognition from Congresswoman Janice Hahn for my youth program
- To offer the students of Los Angeles access to a world-class education that prepares them for the global economy
- To give teachers and students the tools they need to teach and learn preparing them for the world beyond
- To close the opportunity gap and give all children access to quality teaching and quality learning environments
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Most Important Issue, Constituency vs. District, Management/Budget Experience, Health Care Costs, and Standardized Testing.
Candidate Videos from
- Los Angeles Unified School District
City Channel 35
- none provided for this office
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.