Runoff Election 5/21/2013
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Efficiency Commissioner/Businessman
- Attorney At Law
- President, City of LA Quality and Productivity Commission
- Chair, City of LA Commission on Revenue Efficiency
- Commissioner, County of LA Quality & Productivity Commission
- Task Force Member, Home For Good: United Way / LA Area Chamber of Commerce Homelessness Task Force
- Vice President, Neighborhood Council
Dennis P. Zine
- Economic Development & Revenues
- Infrastructure Investment
- Jobs & Education
- Occupation: Los Angeles City Councilman
- Chair, City Council's Audits & Governmental Efficiency Committee
- Former Los Angeles Police Department Officer
- LAPD Reserve Officer
- Continue to provide efficient services in tough economic times.
- Stabilize the City's fiscal health.
- Restore faith and trust in local government.
- Occupation: Disability Advocate/Teacher
- Occupation: Business Owner
- 30 year Local Business Owner
- Lifelong Los Angeles Resident
- 1984 CSUN B.A. Political Science
- American for Democratic Action Exec/SCADA
- 25 year Sierra Club member
- High Tech Advocate
- Zero Tolerance Racism Policy
- Reducing The City's Wasteful Spending
- Impose a Tax on Exhorbant L.A City Pensions
- Occupation: Student/Labor Organizer
- B.S. Ecology & Evolution (UCLA), M.S. Interdisciplinary (CSUN)
- Sold, Designed, and Installed Solar Systems
- Taught English in South Korea and China
- Worked on Farms in India
- Transparency -- We should know where our tax dollars are and where they are going.
- Efficient Spending -- We have to prioritize people over profit and scrutinize city contracts much more thoroughly.
- Public Employee Compensation -- We must figure out how to provide health care and retirement security [to all workers] in a sustainable way.
- Occupation: Local Company Executive
- Founder, LA Neighbors United
- Board Member, Mid City West Community Council
- Former Board Member, Friends of the Los Angeles River
- Member, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, California Planning and Conservation League
- Member, Congregation Kol Ami
David Manuel Gonzalez
- Address the city's structural budget deficit
- Fix broken public infrastructure, including streets and sidewalks
- Improve city service delivery, including Fire Dept. emergency response times and business permitting
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Los Angeles has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Most Important Issue, Audit Priorities, Payroll Problems, and Sales Tax.
Candidate Videos from
- City of Los Angeles
City Channel 35
- Ankur Patel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.