(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Order is random and changes daily.
Nancy De Anda Chaires
- Occupation: Government Accountability Consultant
- Planning Commissioner
- Board Member, CASA Sacramento (for children in foster care)
- Board Member, California Women Lead - Sacramento Region
- Member, School Admissions Committee, Harvard Club of Sacramento
- Franklin High School Community Advisory Team
Marc Douglas Foster
Oscar Portillo O'con
- Maintain high standards of government transparency & accountability.
- Protect our safety and quality of life for residents of all ages.
- Enhance city's reputation as best place to live, work and do business.
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Chair of the Cosumnes River College Foundation
- Past President of the Elk Grove Rotary Club
- Chair and founder of the Elk Grove Veterans Memorial
- Vice-Chair of the Elk Grove Chamber PAC
- Chair of the Sister City of Concepcion de Ataco with The City of Elk Grove
- 2011 Elk Grove Citizen "Man of the Year"
David Glenn Conner
- Keep our city moving forward and not spending $500,000.00 on a special election
- Help promote Elk Grove small business as well as bringing new business into town
- Work with Elk Grove Police to keep our city safe
- Occupation: Cheif Executive Officer
- MBA, Finance & Urban Land Development, California State University, Sacramento - conferred 2005
- Founder & CEO of regional nonprofit
- Graduate of Leadership Sacramento, Class 2010
- Board of Directors, Region Builders Inc.
- Steering Committee, Power House Science Center
- Economic Development / Jobs
- Excellence in Education
- Public Saftey / Quality of Life
- Occupation: Educator/Business Owner
- BA Liberal Studies
- BMED Bilingual-Multicultural Education Dept., Teacher Preparation
- EDLP Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, Preliminary Administrative Certificate
- Reach Learning Center, CEO/President/Founder
- School Site Council, Cosumnes Oaks High School 2010-2012
Edward J. "Ed" Busuttil
- Occupation: Assistant District Attorney
- CA State Bar # 140047
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, 1988
- B.A., English, Colby College, 1978
- B.A., Philosophy, Colby College, 1978
Jeffrey S. "Jeff" Owen
- Public safety
- Smart growth
- Jobs creation
- Occupation: V.P. - Operations, School Innovations & Achievement
- B.A., Communication Studies, CSU Sacramento
- Former State Board Member, California Association of Child Welfare & Attendance (CASCWA)
- Member, Delta-Sierra Section, CASCWA
- Participant/Guest Speaker State School Attendance Review Board
- Member - EGUSD Digital Education Consortium
- 2011 Franklin Soccer Club, Coach of the Year
- Creating an identity for our city through strategic land usage and planning
- Continued economic development, job creation, and diversified revenue streams
- Safety and quality of living for our community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
The Sacramento Bee
- Web Page for Elk Grove City Council
- Submit a Question to the Applicants
- This is the City's official link with candidate info; it allows the public to submit questions in advance.
- Council fails to fill vacancy
- Jan. 11, 2013
- Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Time: 6 PM
Place: Elk Grove City Council Chambers, 8400 Laguna Palms Way, Elk Grove CA
Sponsor: League of Women Voters of Sacramento County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.