(Vote for 4)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter. For instructions and password, send an e-mail to email@example.com. INCLUDE A VIABLE PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
- Vice Chair of Santa Monica Planning Commission
- Former President, Ocean Park Association
- Steering Committee, Community for Excellent Public Schools
- AYSO Coach and Referee
- Former Recreation and Parks Commissioner
- Preserve our beach town character and scale and our socioeconomic diversity
- Traffic solutions: no net new car trips
- A smart City budget which reflects residents' priorities
- Occupation: Councilmember/Environmental Executive
- Past Executive Director of Environment Now
- MBA from The UCLA Anderson School of Management
- BA with honors in Public Policy at Stanford University.
Gleam Olivia Davis
- Education: As an activist and parent, Terry has experience tackling the complex challenges that our schools face.
- Sustainability: A respected environmental leader, Terry understands that environmental policies cannot be put on hold.
- Equity: Terry is committed to creating an environment where everyone has an affordable, decent, and safe place to live.
- Occupation: Corporate Adviser
- Planning Commissioner, City of Santa Monica
- former Recreation and Parks Commissioner
John Cyrus Smith
- control development to a suitable scale and balence for the city
- insititute Deep Green environmental policy
- protect every residents quality of life
- Occupation: Teacher/Journalist/Producer
- Endorsed by The Sierra Club and CWA
- Teacher at Santa Monica College & USC
- Former Producer at NBC Channel 4 News
- Won 4 Emmy Awards for "Best Newscast"
- Member: Santa Monica Democratic Club
- Member: SM Urban Forest Task Force
Frank J. Gruber
- Stop over-development, in favor of responsible growth
- Find new solutions to traffic, congestion and parking problems
- Protect schools, kids, seniors, neighborhoods & the environment
- Occupation: Journalist
- Resident of Santa Monica since 1983; served on the
- Planning Commission and the Housing Commission,
- and on the Prop. X School Bond Oversight Commitee;
- wrote a weekly column about Santa Monica for 11
- years; graduate of U. of Chicago and Harvard Law
- Make sure the City is well-run and financially sound, so that city services and aid to the schools can continue.
- Regulate economic development for the common good.
- Develop new means for dealing with traffic congestion.
- Occupation: Teacher
- B.A. Sociology
- Information Rep AFA/CWA
- Peace officer training
- Mediator trainng
- Teaching credential
- Flight Attendant training
- Green Party core values in ecology and sustainability
- Accountability and transparency in government
- Social, economic, and political justice
- Occupation: Attorney
- J.D. Law
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- Co-founder, past Chair of Northeast Neighbors neighborhood association
- Active in the Save Our Beach movement that stopped construction of a luxury beach hotel at 415 PCH to preserve the site as a community beach club
- Member, Oaks Project : successfuI Initiative prohibiting City officials from accepting financial benefits from parties given special benefits
- Formerly a Judge Pro Tem in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Superior Courts; currently a Probation Monitor for the California State Bar.
- The increasing crush of overdevelopment, resulting gridlock and casual use of Development Agreements to circumvent zoning protections must end.
- Strictly enforced resident-friendly zoning codes must be enacted pursuant to LUCE, even down-zoning where appropriate.
- Be part of a new RESIDENT-SUPPORTING majority on the CIty Council
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Santa Monica
News and Analysis
- Wednesday, October 10
time: 6:30 p.m.
place: Martin Luther King Jr. Auditorium, Santa Monica Main Library, 601 Santa Monica Bl.
sponsor: Santa Monica Mirror
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.