(Vote for 3)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter. For instructions and password, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. INCLUDE A VIABLE PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Abdallah S. Farrukh
- Occupation: Nurse Practitioner/Board Member
- R.N., CFNP
- M.S. Nursing, UCLA
- Former ED of Hospital Services, HDMG
- Former VP, Clinical Services, HSMG, Dallas, TX
- Former Nurse Practitioner Director, AVH
- Over 30 years of healthcare experience
- Provide expanded 24-hour, in-hospital, physician coverage
- Fulfill plans to open a state-of-the-art a cancer treatment center on our hospital campus
- Add additional operating rooms in preparation for major catastrophic events
- Occupation: Physician/Medical Director
- Chief of Medical Staff at AV Hospital
- Private Practice Physician -- AV Pulmonary Associates
- Military Veteran -- Captain in the U.S. Army Reserves (1984-1994)
- Medical Director at AV Health Care Center
- Physician Advisor at Lancaster Health Care Center
- Fellow, American College of Physicians and Chest Physicians
John J. Manning, MD
- RELIEVE excessive patient waiting times by expanding Emergency Room capacity at AV Hospital.
- REVITALIZE the medical facilities and services available at AV Hospital with high tech equipment and reduced bureaucracy.
- RESTORE AV Hospital's focus on patient care and RENEW its committment to greater health care access.
- Occupation: Physician/Surgeon
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, MD medical College of Wisconsin
- Master of Science - aministrative Medicine, University of Wisconsin
- Past President of Medical Staff AV Hospital
- Past Chief of Surgery - High Desert Hospital
- Board of Directors AV Hospital over 10 years
- Twice appointed by California Governors to Los Angeles County Medical Quality Review Committee
Cedric Leroy Jackson
Michael P. Rives
- Maintain high quality state of the art medicine in the Antelope Valley
- Maintain strong financial stability of Antelope Valley Hospital
- Be certain quality care is available to all residents of our community
- Occupation: Retired Healthcare Administrator
- former LAPD Reserve Police Officer
- A.A. degree in government
- BS and Master degrees in criminal justice
- former candidate for Lancaster, CA city council
- former president of the Antelope Valley Optimist Club
- Make certain we have an AV Hospital in Lancaster
- Preserve hospital employee pensions and healthcare benefits
- Offer the public and staff a full-time board member
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Monday, September 17
time: 6:00 p.m.
place: AVH Foundation Office, 1206 Avenue J, Lancaster
conducted by: League of Women Voters of Antelope Valley
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.