Los Angeles County, CA
March 8, 2011 Election
Education is vital to the success of our children and the quality of life in our City. I will continue to support education in Calabasas.
- I initiated the idea of obtaining funding from the City of Calabasas to the Parent Faculty Clubs. This year the program was successful in providing $250,000.00 to support PFC's in our city and helped secure non-union specialists in Physical Education, Music, Art, Computers and Library. I will continue to support the PFC's in the future.
- The City of Calabasas can elevate education in our community by supporting the LVUSD and by funding "Science Fairs" and "Creative Competitions" such as Destination Imagination (D.I.).
- Our City Library has language software available to anyone who has a library card. This program can be expanded to facilitate early language learning at home. Parents can give their children access to the library software and the LVUSD can partner by providing a network of interested students.
- By maximizing the use of the Master Trails Plan as an "Outdoor Education" option, our children will get to know nature in our City and cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I will promote a trails walking competition for the middle and high school students who want to get in shape and get into nature.
- The City of Calabasas supports our public and private schools by working to ease traffic congestion in the Mulholland Corridor. I will continue to ensure that we have the excellent support of the Sherriff to aid in traffic flow and keep speeds down. I will also support the increased staggering of start times for all the schools to help mitigate traffic.
- By promoting the walk to school incentives, fewer people drive and more children get healthy walking to school. I will continue to find creative ways to make the "walk to school" program more effective.
- Calabasas Shuttle services have become increasingly well used in the past few years. I think the shuttle provides a great service and should be expanded when finances allow.
- The City can celebrate excellent teaching by having its own "Teacher of the Year" award. I would find many ways to reward great teachers!
- We can all work together on city-wide PFC events like auctions and carnivals. They can be advertised on CTV and promoted by the City at relatively little cost for a big return.
Position Paper 2
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
March 2011 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: February 18, 2011 12:34
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.