Final Official Election Returns
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Lifelong Bell Resident
- Father of four
- Founder and Director of the Bell Business Association
- Founder and former BASTA Leadership member
Nestor Enrique Valencia
- Lower Property Taxes
- Grow Local Businesses
- Restore Ethical Government
- Occupation: Social Services Worker
- Bell Resident for 31 years
- BA in Psychology
- Former BASTA Leadership
- Member of SEIY Local 721
- Mother of two
Mario S. Rivas
Fidencio Joel Gallardo
- Assess what the city own and sell anything that is not making profit and use teh $ to lower property taxes
- Make Bell more business friendly so we can shop in Bell and bring in revenue for better services
- Create transparency by involving residents in decision making through community committees
- Occupation: English Teacher
- California State University, Los Angeles Professor
- Bachelor of Arts in English, U.S.C.
- Master of Arts in Educational Administration, C.S.U.L.A.
Lorenzo S. Velez
- Bring Transparency/ Eliminate Waste in Bell
- Improve the Local Economy/ Create Incentives for Businesses
- Maintain a Safe and Clean City
- Occupation: Student
- Current Bell Resident
- Mother of two
- Attending East Los Angeles College
- Dean's List Recipient- 2010
- Former Los Angeles County Poll Worker- 2000 to 2007
- Parent Advisory Committee-President
- Rebuild a foundation for a transparent democracy to re-establish public trust.
- Prioritize effective public safety within current economic constraints.
- Maintain current programs for the seniors and youth of our community.
- Occupation: Business Woman/Realtor
- Bell resident for 41 years/ Homeowner
- Mother of 3 / Grandmother
- Former president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (Council #2871 Bell / Cudahy)
- Former manager of the Willie C. Velasquez Center (Nonprofit organization in Bell, CA assisting underrepresented communities)
- Former PTA (PTSA) active parent (Corona Elem., Nimitz Middle School, Bell High)
- Bilingual English / Spanish
Marcos A. Oliva
- Establishing transparency and trustworthiness within our city government / Resolving the current public safety system issues we currently face
- Helping residents and business owners resolve the many injustices that have been brought upon us, such as excessive taxes and business license fees.
- Bringing in big business and entertainment industries to not only create a new and prosperous city but to also provide our resident's with employment
Guillermo "Willie" Aguilar
- Occupation: Programmer/Analyst
- Occupation: General Contractor
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Bell
- L.A. County Registrar of Voters
- Election FAQ
- Preguntas Comunes
- Election Results
Nonpartisan Background Information
- Wednesday February 2
(Regular Election; 3 seats open)
Thursday February 3
(Recall Election; 2 seats open)
time: 6:30pm - 8pm
place: El Hussein Community Center
4313 Gage Ave., Bell, CA 90201
(at Fishburn, 4 blocks west of Atlantic)
co-sponsors: LWV Los Angeles, LWV L.A. County, BASTA
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.