(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Richard A. Vladovic
- Occupation: School Board Member
- Retired School Superintendent
- Ed.D from University of Southern California
- Commission for the City of Los Angeles
- Raising Student Achievement
- Increasing Graduating Rates
- Providing Safe and Secure Schools
- Occupation: Parent Education Activist
- Retired County Government Administrator
- Chair, Curtiss Middle School Site Council
- Past Director, LA County Employment Prog.
- Past Chair, Carson Environmental Comm.
- Region 5 Chair, CA Assoc. Comp Education
- BA Liberal Arts, Public Admin and Law Study
Jesus M. Escandon
- Raise student's overall achievement in math and language arts.
- Eliminate the achievement gap that exists between ethnic groups
- Parent participation as equal partner in student school decisions
- Occupation: Public Schools Advocate
- B.A. Political Science - University of California at Los Angeles, (UCLA)
- Teacher of 9 Years - Eastman & Miles Ave. Elementary School
- Chapter Chair, House of Reps., Founding Member of Teacher Corps., Crisis Coordinator, Information Assistant - United Teachers of Los Angeles, (UTLA)
- Organizer, 5 Years - Present, California Teachers Association, (CTA)
- Organized South Los Angeles County to successfully defeat Propositions 74, 75, and 76, Alliance for a Better California, (ABC)
- Member, Community Call to Action and Accountability, (CCAA), (Preventing violence in South Los Angeles)
- Cut Waste and Bureaucracy
- Power to School Site Councils
- Social Justice for Under Performing Schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidate Statements from Channel 35
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- District 7 Map
- Escandon: none provided
Love: video, transcript
Vladovic: none provided
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.