(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Current Council Member, appointed 1 year ago
- Career as a professional civil engineer with L.A. County's Public Works Department for 36 years, now retired
- Temple City Planning Commissioner for 5 years (2003-2005), Chairman for 1 year
- Deputy Director for L.A. County Public Works Department for 8 years
- Leader of a professional association at the local/state/national levels for over 20 years
- Chairman of St. Luke Church's Parish Council for 2 terms
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from Marquette University
Cynthia A "Cindy" Sternquist
- A city government that is open/fair/ethical/accountable, and that delivers great services and programs in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Attractive and desirable areas with stores, restaurants and entertainment for all citizens
- A safe, well maintained and family oriented city.
- Occupation: Teacher/Literacy Coach
- Master in Educational Administration
- Masters in Educational Leadership
- BA in Education
Manuel "Manny" Valenzuela, III
- Transparencty in Local Government
- Revitalization of our Downtown and Rosemead Blvd
- Public Safety; keeping our city safe for our families
- Occupation: Community Planner / City Commissioner
- Candidate, Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- Vice-Chairperson, Temple City Planning Commission
- President, Friends of the Temple City Library
- Award of Merit - American Planning Association
- Promote Accountability / Transparency
- Ensure Fiscal Responsibility
- Redevelop Las Tunas Drive / Rosemead Boulevard
- Occupation: Teacher/Nurse Assistant
- AA/AS PCC- B.A. Human Development Accelerated Program, Azusa Pacific University
- Master's in Education -Pi Lambda Theta Honor Society
- Clear Multiple Subject Cred. with Supplemental in English
- Teacher- now subbing at T.C.U.S.D. -Lived in T.C. all my life, raised my family here too. Went to Longden, Oak, TCHS.
- Certified Nurse Assistant- Training hours at Santa Anita Convalescent Hospital in Temple City
- Leadership: Taught Staff in S. B.; Worked with prek-12th; Volunteered at T.C. Schools many yrs, Coached BB with hubby through T.C., & much more...
- Transparency and Accountability for our Tax-Paying Dollars.
- Economic Development That Works
- Efficient Spending and Responsible City Government
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City of Temple City
- Election Results
Temple City Voice
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.