(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Councilmember/ Environmental Planner
- Mayor Pro Tem, current
- Goldline Construction Authority, Vice Chair
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, Boardmember
- Solid Waste Working Group, Chair
- COG Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources, Vice Chair
- Married, two children
Opanyi K. Nasiali
- Promote economic growth that is reflective of Claremont's values
- Make full use of the talents and energy of our citizen commissions, committees, and organizations
- Enhance the City's Crime Free Multi-Family Housing and Neighborhood Watch Programs
- Occupation: Retired Urban Planner
- Born and schooled in Kenya, worked for Kenyan parliament
- B.A., Urban Studies, California State University, Northridge
- M.A., Urban Planning and Public Adminstration
- 25-year Claremont resident and volunteer
- Member, Claremont Traffic and Transportation Commission
- Member, Mayor's Economic Sustainability Committee
Joseph M. "Joe" Lyons
- Living within our means - fiscal sustainablity for city finances
- Promoting economic development
- Community inclusiveness: I believe in seeking out all perspectives to achieve wide community consensus
- Occupation: Research Consultant, Educator
- BS and MS in Microbiology, San Diego State University
- Medicat Research Associate, University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- Proud father of 4 sons and 5 grandchildren
- Medical Research Scientist, City of Hope National Medical Center
- PhD in Immunogenetics, University Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Protect and nurture our children and seniors through programs and supports that reflect an unconditional commitment to both.
- Provide our first responders with the facilities and resources to effectively serve our entire diverse community.
- Be optimistic, forward looking, and prepared to aggressively promote economic development consistent with sustainability.
- Occupation: Consumer Advocate Lawyer
- 3 years Chair of Architectural Commission (8 yrs total)
- Graduated Law School in 3 yrs with Academic Distinction
- Represents Consumers in Real Estate and Business Law
Jay N. Pocock
Joseph A Armendarez
- Supporting Fiscal Responsibility and Supporting Our Police Department
- Supporting Sustainability for Claremont
- Supporting Responsible Economic Development
- Occupation: Teacher
- Department Chair School of Science
- B.S., Life Sciences; Cal Poly, Pomona
- J.D. California Southern School of Law
- Administrative Credential
- Distinguished Service Award CJUHSD
- Most Inspirational Teacher Award 2007-2010
Michael John Keenan
- Preserve the values, character, and personality, of Claremont
- Fairly re-examine, re-evaluate, Fiscal Assets and Liabilities
- Protect the integrity and dignity of young and old and their interests
- Support of Business
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidate Video Interviews
- City of Claremont
- Election Results
News and Analysis
- Claremont Courier (taped December 17, 2010)
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.