Final Official Election Returns
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Ana Maria Quintana
- Occupation: Attorney/Organizer
- JD, Columbia University (New York)
- MA Economics, Universidad de Navarra (Pamplona)
- BA, Yale University
- Bell High School Graduate
Miguel Alejandro Sanchez
- Protect public safety by ensuring that police and fire services continue to meet Bell's needs.
- Restructure financials by balancing the city budget, eliminating excessive city spending and reducing the cost to do business.
- Reconnect with constituents by facilitating residents' access to public records and developing a culture of integrity and transparency in government.
- Occupation: Transport/Logistics
- High School Graduate
- U.S Army Veteran
- Transport Driver for 20+yrs at Coca Cola Refreshments
- 25yr Teamsters Union member
- 21yr Bell resident
Janice (Leal) Bass
- We must fix our budget with no jobs lost,including keeping our police dept .intact.
- reduce property tax by having competitive bidding on services provided to our citizens.
- We must bring new business to Bell to create jobs and revenue that can be put back into the city to help pay for essential services.
- Occupation: Educator/Secretary
- BA, Mount St. Mary's College
- Member AFSCME 36
Lorenzo Miguel Martinez
- Maintain Bell Police Department
- Review and reduce property taxes where possible
- Review all expenses and contracts
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Bell
- L.A. County Registrar of Voters
- Election FAQ
- Preguntas Comunes
- Election Results
Nonpartisan Background Information
- Wednesday February 2
(Regular Election; 3 seats open)
Thursday February 3
(Recall Election; 2 seats open)
time: 6:30pm - 8pm
place: El Hussein Community Center
4313 Gage Ave., Bell, CA 90201
(at Fishburn, 4 blocks west of Atlantic)
co-sponsors: LWV Los Angeles, LWV L.A. County, BASTA
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.