(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jerome Edgar Horton
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member State Board of Equalization District 4
- Board of Equalization Member Horton has thirty years of experience protecting the rights of California taxpayers.
- Jerome's background in accounting, finance, and business and real-estate law uniquely qualifies him to fight for fairness and equity in the tax code.
- As a former member of the California Medical Assistance Commissior, Jerome is a know advocate for equal access to quality health care for all.
- Also as a former member of the California Work Force Investment Board, Jerom has a proven record of fighting to protect and create jobs in California.
- Board Member Horton is a pragmatic problem solver with the experience, skills, and a proven record of efficient and responsive service to California.
- Continuing to educate California taxpayers on minimizing the burden of taxation
- Continuing to combating corporate tax fraud, leveling the playing field for legitimate California businesses.
- Improving the efficiency, equity, and effectiveness of government.
- Party: American Independent
- Occupation: Business Administration
- Mr. Hoffman holds a degree from EMU.
- He is the only qualified & recognized Liberty Candidate in this race.
- He is an advocate for limited government & against the misuse of our money.
- He was honored by the city for his dedicated service as a Neighborhod Watch Captain
- He is currently a member of a Public Facilities Sub Comission.
- He is the LA County Chairman recognized by the Constitution Party
Peter "Pedro" De Baets
- All taxpayers are innocent until proven guilty.
- Pro-taxpayer. Help seek out and eliminate government waste.
- The government has enough of your money, it just needs to use it properly. When people are over taxed, they lose personal liberty.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- B.S. UCLA 1984, Math/Computer Science
- Reduce and/or Eliminate Taxes
- Reduce State Spending
- Protect Civil Liberties
(This candidate has not provided any information to Smart Voter)
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Candidate Statements in the Official Voter Information Guide
Campaign Finance Data
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Secretary of State
Google News Search
- All links above open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.