(Vote for 3)
Volunteers are currently contacting candidates to invite their FREE participation in Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted should send an email to email@example.com and include a PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Councilmember/Education Consultant
- 34-year Santa Monica resident
- Apple technology consultant to our public schools
- Champions affordable housing for working families
- Council liaison to Task Force on the Environment and co-chair of the Sustainability Committee of the Westside Cities Council of Governments
- Consistently responsive to residents and neighborhoods
- 2010 Democrat of the Year, 41st Assembly District, and Smith-Weiss Environmental Champion 2009, Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters
- Support schools, parks, playfields and youth programs
- Safeguard your neighborhood from over-development, traffic
- Protect affordable housing and renters' rights
- Occupation: Councilmember/Urban Planner
- Masters Degrees in Planning (Historic Preservation) and Technology Management
- Preservation Projects at UCLA, USC, Occidental College, Los Angeles City Hall
- Santa Monica City Councilmember (Mayor: 1997, 1999, 2005)
- Director, Metro--LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Chair, 2007-08)
- First Vice-President, Souithern California Association of Governments
- 2008 Los Angeles County Green Leadership Award; 2005 American Planning Assn--LA, Distinguished Leadership Award
- Transportation: Build Expo Light Rail to Santa Monica; better streets and options for car travel, bikes and pedestrians
- Youth: Continued funding of schools, with accountablity; support youth programs.
- Preserve Neighborhoods: Ensure new general plan (LUCE) implementation preserves neighborhoods; ensures creation of new open space and parks
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner/Writer
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
- Santa Monica Planning Commissioner
- Vice President, Ocean Park Association
- Steering Committee, Community for Excellent Public Schools
- AYSO Coach and Referee
- former Recreation and Parks Commissioner
Jean McNeil Wyner
Jon Louis Mann
- Preserve our beach town character and scale and our socioeconomic diversity and reduce growth of traffic congestion
- Continue and increase funding for our public schools
- Sustainable growth of City Hall, which has doubled in size in the last decade, and increased government responsiveness to residents
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.