(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Attorney
- B.A., English and Political Science, U.C. Berkeley
- J.D., Santa Clara Law School
- Chair, San Anselmo Park & Recreation Commission
- Board Member, Flood Mitigation League of Ross Valley
- Chair, St. Anselm School Advisory Board
- Barack Obama Delegate to the 2008 Democratic National Convention
- Revitalizing our business community by developing an active partnership between the downtown business and town hall and forming an Economic Task Force
- Showing real leadership in putting a permanent end to the chronic flooding in our community
- Making our town government more accessible to all citizens by ensuring on-line services and recruiting more women and parents with kids to participate
- Occupation: Architect
- Mayor of San Anselmo 1996-1997 and 2000-2001
- San Anselmo Town Council 1993-2005
- Planning Commissioner 1984-1993
- Ross Valley Fire Board Member 1994-2005
- Local Businessman for 34 years
- San Anselmo Resident for 30 years
Peter a Breen
- I will work with the community to resolve real issues such as improving business conditions.
- Review our budget priorities to reflect the values of our community, for example restory library funding and rehire a children's librarian.
- Safety issues will be a priority including Drake traffic calming and flood prevention.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- BS, Univ of Santa Clara; MSW, USC
- Appointed 1992, Mayor - four times
- Vice-President-Ross Valley Fire Dept
- Co-Chair SA Economic Sub-Committee
- Executive Committee ,Transportation Authority of Marin (TAM)
- Safe Routes to School (SR2S) Task Force
- Maintain economic sustainability of Town & Its' businesses
- Preparation for natural disasters- fire , flood, earthquake
- Maintain housing / transportation/ infrastructure balance
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- MA Psychology 1973
- Town Council member since 2006
- Planning Commissioner for 8 years
Ted W. Freeman
- Maintain balanced budget
- Implement flood strategies
- Protect neighborhoods from over development
- Occupation: Incumbent
- San Anselmo Councilmember since December, 2005
- Mayor, San Anselmo, 2008
- Two terms on Marin County Grand Jury
- Graduate in Political Science, UC Riverside; graduate work UC Berkeley
- High School Social Studies teacher 32 years
- Resident of San Anselmo 43 years
- Keep San Anselmo on sound financial footing while expanding and restoring services.
- Work to mitigate the effects of any future flooding on residences and businesses.
- Maintain the small-town charm and livability of our neighborhoods.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Online and CMCM Channel 27
News and Analysis
Marin Independent Journal
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.