- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Independent Businessman
- The son of former California State Senator and Lt. Governor John Harmer
- David began his lifelong involvement in politics at age four, when he walked precincts for his father, who won an upset victory in the 21st district.
- After graduating with honors from law school at Brigham Young University, David went to Washington as counsel to a subcommittee of the U.S. Senate.
- Upon his return to California, David served as a Fellow of the College of Public Interest Law at Pacific Legal Foundation
- David was subsequently recruited to the prominent California law firm O'Melveny & Myers, where he established a successful practice.
- David and his wife Elayne are also busy raising four young children in their East Bay home.