(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Community College Trustee
- Educator, Teacher, Environmentalist
- Broadcaster, Anthropologist,
- Community College Instructor
- Non-profit organization Administrator
- Continue building sustainability and creating green job training
- maintain sound fiscal policies and promote strong academics
- enlarge student enrollment and keep fees low
- Occupation: Attorney/Nonprofit Boardmember
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Affairs at USC (Cum Laude)
- Juris Doctorate, Loyola Marymount Law School
- Attended East Los Angeles Community College
- Elected Member, Los Angeles County Democratic Central Committee
Jozef Thomas Essavi
- Academic Excellence
- Occupation: Boardmember, Neighborhood Council
- Los Angeles County Commissioner
- Former LA Communtiy College District Student Trustee Nominee from LA Valley College
- Former two term ASB Union Treasurer
- Former Senator, Los Angeles Congress of Neighborhood Councils
- Married to Nina, 3 children
- Businessman, BA UCR, MA CAL State Univ Northridge
Jane F (Ardigo) Scott
- 51% FAILURE IN STUDENT GRADUATION RATES MUST BE REVERSED.
- FIGHTING for Students, Teachers, and Taxpayers, keeping special interests out
- STOPPING this board from wasting more taxpayer money on poor planned construction, per independent audit millions were wasted
- Occupation: Retired Professor/Activist
- Bachelor of Science - West Virginia University
- Master of Arts - University of Kentucky
- Pico Union 2 Board- Community Redevelopment Agency
- Pico Union Neighborhood Council Board member & Treasurer
- The finest Community College District from 30 years ago has been transformed to one of the poorest in the nation today.
- .Educate students to be productive and viable members of the community and society through vocational and academic pursuits.
- Have better accounting controls at district headquarters and individual campuses
- Occupation: Labor/Community Organizer
- Regional Field Director, Los Angeles Obama Campaign
- Senior Political/Community Organizer SEIU 1000
- Speical Assistant Assembly Speakers Antonio Villaraigosa & Herb Wesson
- Convener, Coordinator Alliance for Equal Opportunity in Education
- Director, Center for Parent Involvement in Education
- Organizer United Farm Workers Union America
- Improve academic performance so more students can gain admission to 4 year colleges
- Increase job training to help workers learn new skills and be prepared for the jobs of the 21st century
- Fight against increase in fees and tuition
- Occupation: Director, Marketing Management
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Conversations with the Candidates|
- Recorded in mp3 format by
League of Women Voters of L.A.
Listen or download at podbean.
L.A. City Clerk Election Division
Video Candidate Statements
L.A. Community College District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.