(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Mayor/City Councilmember
- Assistant City Manager, City of Pico Rivera
- California Council of Criminal Justice (2000-2008)
- Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission
John J. Duran
- Alleviation of Traffic & Parking Problems - Transportation
- Affordable Housing & Public Safety
- Sustainable development - preventing overdevelopment
- Occupation: City Councilmember / Attorney
- Vice-Chair of the West Hollywood Rent Stabilization Commission, 2000 to 2001
- Served as a volunteer attorney for the Coalition for Economic Survival (CES) Legal Clinic
- Juris Doctorate degree from Western State University in Orange County
- President, Board of Directors of EQCA + Equality California
- Leads one of Southern California's most prominent law firms on Gay and Lesbian rights and AIDS law
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California
- Preventing Overdevelopment and Alleviating Traffic
- Ensuring Access to Affordable Housing and Protecting Tenant's Rights
- Improving the Quality of Life for all Residents of the City of West Hollywood
- Occupation: market research professional
- Self-employed, market research
- President of the largest neighborhood association in the city
- Served as Public Safety Commissioner for City of West Hollywood for over 3-1/2 years
- CERT-certified disaster volunteer
- Member of the WeHo Chamber of Commerce
- Bachelors degree in Sociology from U.C. Santa Barbara
- Caring for our quality of life and re-establishing the urban village model we once knew to be West Hollywood
- Developing more off-street parking opportunities
- Saving our existing affordable and work force housing stock and our local neighborhood-serving businesses
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of West Hollywood
- Wednesday February 25
time: 7:30-9:30 p.m.
location: West Hollywood Elementary School, 970 Hammond St.
co-sponsors: West Hollywood Neighborhood Associations
moderator: Larry Carroll, Broadcast Journalist & President of Diversified Entertainment Group
facilitation: League of Women Voters of Los Angeles
video: taped for webcast and rebroadcast on WeHo City Channel 10:
- Thursday Feb. 26, 7:00 pm
Friday Feb. 27, 10:00 am
Saturday Feb. 28, 3:00 pm
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.