results as of March 6, 2009
(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Architect / Planning Commisioner
Edward Thomas "Tom" Chavez
- Manage growth to improve the quality of life in Temple City
- Encourage, stimulate, and nuture appropriate development
- Engage, motivate, and mobilize all residents to invest in our City's future
- Occupation: Attorney/City Commissioner
- Adjunct Professor, Pasadena City College
- Past Camela Festival Chairman
- Past St Luke Church Fiesta Chairman
- Past President of TC American Little League
- Juris Doctorate Degree, 1985
- Current Parks & Recreation Commissioner
Charles G. "Chuck" Souder
- Encourage new and intelligent business development
- Promote transparency and good ethics in city government
- Work with school district, Chamber of Commerce and other organizations to identify where improvements can be made.
- Occupation: Retired Businessman
- Chuck was the owner of a successful business in the City of Commerce for 30 years.
- City Council for 9 years 94-2003, Mayor twice
- Planning Commission for four years
- President of Sister Cities 2005, 2006
- Camellia Festival since 1984 Chairman 2004
- United States Marine Corps from 1958 to 1965
Kenneth G. "Ken" Gillanders
- Replace current City Manager/City Attorney with a new City Manager and a new City Attorney Now
- Bring back trust, transparency, and integrity to the City Council
- Bring back sales tax base with a strong business community
- Occupation: Appraiser/Redevelopment Consultant
- B.S. Business Administration
- Real Estate Broker
- General Appraiser
- Valuation Analyst
- Adoption of 20-year plan for infrastructure & land-use changes, embracing traditional small town values while accepting change
- Seek additional revenue sources without tax levies on public through responsible growth
- Engage public in local ownership of commerce & promoting pro-business climate
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Temple City
News and Analysis
- Saturday, January 31, 2009
time: 7-9 p.m.
location: Civic Community Center at City Hall
hosted by: Temple City Voice and
Temple City High School Junior State of America (JSA)
- Monday, February 9, 2009
time: 7-9 p.m.
location: Temple City High School Room 601
hosted by: Temple City Chamber of Commerce
moderated by: League of Women Voters
Temple City Voice
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.