results as of March 6, 2009
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Maria Belen Bernal
- Occupation: Legal Services Manager
- Bachelor of Arts Degrees, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Oldtimers Foundation, Human Resources Director
- Transportation and Land Use Collaborative, Community Partnerships Director
- Assembly Member Marco Antonio Firebaugh District Office, Field Representative
- The Riordan Programs, UCLA, Previous Programming Director
- St. Emydius Parish, Cathechist
- Provide Transparency, Accountability and Communication
- Ensure that resident taxes are being spent according to the needs of the community
- Create partnerships amongst Residents, City Government and Local Stakeholders
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Founder/Director, South Gate R.O.C.K.S.
- City of South Gate Youth Commisioner
- 3rd Director, South Gate Women's Club
- Member, South Gate Multi-Cultural Women's Club
- LAUSD School and Community Volunteer
- Special Recognition-Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
- To ensure new sales tax revenue will be spent in service programs as promised.
- Promote City collabroration with schools, non profits, churches and community members.
- Improving communication between City Goverment and the Community.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of South Gate
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.