Results as of Jan 24 10:40am
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: San Diego Superior Court Judge
- Attorney for 32 years, former managing partner of successful private law firm
- Former Mayor of Poway, a successful City with a balanced budget and sound pension plan
- Three term state legislator focusing on civil and criminal justice, as well as foster care
- Law Professor at all three San Diego law schools. Course includes municipal law and political crimes
- Author of law text: "Law & Political Process"
- Nearly a decade as Superior Court Judge
Michael J. Aguirre
- De-politicize the City Attorney's office and base all legal work on the law, not politics or personal agendas
- Stop wasting millions of dollars on political lawsuits and outside lawyers
- Evaluate cost/benfit/risk of all lawsuits at outset and set office priority to win lawsuits rather than make political statements.
- Occupation: San Diego City Attorney
- JD UC Berkeley; MPA Harvard
- LA Daily Journal honored as 1 of the 100 Best Trial Lawyers in California
- Wall Street Journal: Aguirre is "setting off an alarm voters accross America need to hear."
- Media Light of Day Award for Mike's open government reforms
- Court said Mike did an "excellent" job of presenting pension case at trial
- Protecting San Diego taxpayers in Court
- Continue to clean up legal mess at City Hall
- Make every San Diegan proud that I am their City Attorney
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
San Diego City Attorney's Office
Local News and Analysis
ABC 10 News San Diego
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: January 24, 2009 10:40 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.