(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
John Lee Evans, Ph.D.
- Occupation: Child Psychologist/Teacher
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- Child/Adolescent Psychologist in private practice
- Classroom teacher for 14 years
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Honduras
- VISTA, Volunteers in Service to America
- Governance Team, University City High School
Mitz S. Lee
- End teacher layoffs, cut administration. Teaching must come first.
- Reduce the shameful 40% dropout rate with effective career/technical programs
- End secret decision-making behind closed doors
- Occupation: Member, San Diego Unified School District Board of Education
- Mitz Lee was elected to the School Board in 2004 - won 94% of precincts citywide. Winner in June 2008 Primary by 60%.
- Served two years - Vice President of the Board of Education.
- Has organized classroom parent volunteer programs, was a member of school site councils, governance team, PTA, charter school board.
- Married 25 years, two sons in college, former Cub Scout leader/Little League team mom.
- Earned MBA in Financial Management.
- Mitz Lee represents San Diego Unified School District at California School Board Association (CSBA).
- Increase the high school graduation rate and reduce high school dropouts.
- Each student will achieve appropriate gains each year and be prepared for their next academic level.
- Continue to prioritize district's $1 billion yearly budget to better support the schools by shift more resources to the classrooms.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
San Diego Unified School District
Local News and Analysis
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.