Results as of Jan 24 10:40am
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Margaret Cook Welsh
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Current Chair, Sweetwater Authority Finance and Personnel Committee
- Former Chair, Sweetwater Authority Board of Directors
- Former President, South Bay Irrigation District Board of Directors
- Continue to provide safe, reliable water at the lowest possible rates.
- Continued commitment to representing my fellow citizens with integrity and dedication.
- Use my extensive experience in working with local, state, and federal water agencies to develop effective partnerships.
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- General Building/ Engineering Contractor for past 18 years
- Co-Founder of the Ortiz Corporation Construction 1990
- Married and Father of three children
- Little league coach
- former Bonita Valley Softball coach
- Encourage water conservation, and cutting costs and wasteful spending
- Increase water capacity storage to reduce the expensive process of desalination and purchasing water
- Create and energy independant irrigation district by investing in renewable energy
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
South Bay Irrigation District
Local News and Analysis
ABC 10 News San Diego
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: January 24, 2009 10:40 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.