(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Councilmember/Retired Firefighter
- Maintain high level of public safety
- Provide high qualify services while maintaining low taxes and fees
- Encourage economic development
- Occupation: Councilmember/Vocational Nurse
- Harry Griffen Community Park, JPA Chair
- Mission Trails Regional Park Task Force Member
- Heartland Communications Facility Authority
- "Proudly We Hail " Award and "Community Caring " Award
- HonoraryMember of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association Carnation Chapter 3
- Sixteen Year incumbent with perfect attendance
- #1 Safe Community is my top priority
- Your quality of life is at the forefront of my decisions, serving and responding to you.
- Protect, Enhance and Expand La Mesa's Economic Base with NO New Taxes.
- Occupation: Geologist/Retired Educator
- BA (SDSU), MS (Univ. Colo. Boulder), both in Geology
- 36 yrs CA Community Colleges administrator & instructor
- Geology text author; field geologist, locally and overseas
- SDSU Alumnus of the year 2000, Geological Sciences; Grossmont College Innovator of the Year ('05); Dean Emerita ('05)
- Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee, Grossmont-Cuyamaca CCD
- Vice President, Grossmont College Foundation; Board member, La Mesa Lions Club; Geology Trail Guide Trainer, Mission Trails Regional Park (10 yrs)
- Enhanced public safety
- Revitalized commercial and residential areas
- New revenue sources
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
La Mesa City Council
Local News and Analysis
ABC 10 News San Diego
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.