(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Councilmember, Business Owner
- Elected in 2004 - Serving on Economic & Workforce Development, Regional Homeless Task Force, Investment & Utilities Committees
- Lived with my family and owned business in Escondido for 21 years. Volunteered on 15 Boards & Commissions
- 12 years career with IBM in Engineering & Marketing,
- Past Chairman & Volunteer of Year: Escondido Chamber of Commerce, East Valley & Mercado Business Organizations
- Police Citizens Patrol & National Night Out Against Crime Awards
- Public Safety - Fighting crime thru Gang Injunction & Police Check Points reducing crime 30% since 2004
- Quality of Life - Enhancing City's Image & Appearance with Proactive Code Enforcement for Safer, Cleaner & Healthier Neighborhoods
- Economic Prosperity - Improving Median Income. Fiscal Discipline. Smaller & Effective Government
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- BSC in Accounting
- Audit / Research / Data Analysis Background
- Owner of Blue Mug Coffee & Tea
- Sunrise Rotarty Club Member
- Escondido Charitable Foundation, Board Member
- Regaining community trust through open dialogue with residents.
- Improving the regional image of Escondido by focusing on the positive attributes of Escondido.
- Bringing attention to core city functions (public safety/infrastructure).
- Occupation: Independent Businessman/Councilman
- Planning Commissioner
- Transportation Commissioner
- Downtown Revitalization Committee
- Paul Harris Fellow/Escondido Rotary Club
- US Jaycees Ambassador
- Rutgers Univ-Supermarket Management
Richard C Barron
- BUDGET PRIORITIES
- Occupation: Business Owner
- International Business Executive
- Company Founder and Owner
- Develop economy of the City
- Support schools and the education system
- Work for Inclusion of all groups
- Occupation: Local Business Owner
- Escondido Resident Since 1973 - Born and raised RIGHT HERE. Product of local schools
- Co-owner Simply Adina's Floral Design - One of the most respected event floral designers in San Diego!!
- Asst. Manager at Walgreen's Drug Store - Just transferred from Broadway/Washington location to Centre City/Felicita location
- Board Member - Old Escondido Neighborhood Group
- Focus on OUT OF CONTROL illegal immigration - Esco must lobby for Border Patrol Office in town! Stop the divisive symptom-based legislation!!
- REPEAL PROP "S". Bring higher paying jobs to Esco and raise the median income!!
Dennis M. French
- Use lobbyist employed by the city to obtain Escondido's own Border Patrol Office
- REPEAL PROP "S" at next election - Bring higher paying jobs back to town and raise the median income! Bring prosperity back to the average Escondidian
- STOP WASTEFUL SPENDING!! We are in tough economic times. Esco needs to focus on renewal and lay the foundation for future success
- Occupation: Business Owner/Parent
- US Navy 1980-1987
- Numerous Electronics, Communication, Radar and other related fields
- Licensed California General Contractor
- Nearly 18 years coaching managing or assisting at Kit Carson Little League
- Father to Nine Children ages 24 to 3.
- Husband to a hard working Teacher, Mother and Wife whos name is Sara
- Eliminate the WASTE of Taxpayers money. Put it to work for positive ideas that will help Escondido.
- Increase the City's revenue by renegotiating some of the present contracts such as internet and telecom systems.
- Put the safety of the people first by making sure that our fire departments and police are properly staffed and equipped.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
City of Escondido
Local News and Analysis
- Candidate Forum
- Thursday, October 9, 2008, 7pm
Large Meeting Room, Joslyn Senior Center, 210 Park Ave.
Moderated by League of Women Voters
ABC 10 News San Diego
KPBS San Diego Public Broadcasting
NBC San Diego
San Diego Union-Tribune
North County Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.